GDPR Privacy Notice
Welcome to Pegasus Capital's privacy notice. Pegasus Capital respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) or subscribe to our materials and publications, or purchase our services and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Important Information and who we are
Purpose of this Privacy Notice:
- This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Pegasus Capital collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website and through any subscriptions, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our materials, purchase a product or service. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
- Pegasus Capital is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ”Pegasus Capital”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). Pegasus Capital is part of a group of different legal entities, Pegasus Capital LLP and Pegasus Capital Services Limited. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Pegasus Capital Group so when we mention “Pegasus Capital”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Pegasus Capital Group responsible for processing your data.
- We will let you know which entity will be the controller for your data when you purchase a product or service with us. Pegasus Capital is the controller and responsible for this website. We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
- Full name of legal entity: Pegasus Capital LLP
- Name or title of data privacy manager: Graeme Cullens
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the Privacy Notice and your duty to inform us of changes
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Data we collect about you
- Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes correspondence with us and your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you fail to provide Personal Data
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
How we use your personal data
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data but where we do, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by Contacting us.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity|
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:|
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e)Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing and Communicaitons
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitative interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our services)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting data)||(a) Identity|
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)|
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity|
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
- We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
- Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please Contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms. Unless directly requested, Pegasus Capital will always seek your approval through an email confirmation to confirm you would like to receive our marketing information.
Whitepapers / Articles
PegasusCapital - 07/05/2020